I am one of those people who do not like to tart Internet browsers up too much. It means that I do not like browser add-ons which disturb my browsing sessions. One of such browser add-ons is MIXI.DJ Toolbar which I have downloaded from mixidh.ourtoolbar.com. Believe me or not, I did not like it because instead of Google.com, which had been my home page and search engine, I had to deal with search.conduit.com. It settled down on Firefox and Google chrome. Interestingly, I wanted to download it on my Internet Explorer first even though I do not use this browser very often, and I was surprised that the toolbar does not work on Internet Explorer yet!
Sorry but we’re not quite ready to support IE. We’re working on it!
Maybe some people managed to get it on their IE, but I didn’t.
The toolbar is attractive indeed; unfortunately, the toolbar is of no use. I tried to use the radio or the music player (however you call it), but It did not work. I did not let MIXI.DJ stay in my PC and removed right away after I had seen that I do not like the search results provided by the search engine search.conduit.com.
One more thing! It is bundled with TuneUp 2013; at least I was asked whether I want to install that application or not. If you have found that your Firefox or Chrome is affected by the toolbar and you do not remember installing it, try to remember whether you have installed some free program. The odds are that you did not notice some statements claiming that MIXI.DJ would be installed on your browser.
If you have landed on this blog post to find out how to remove MIXI.DJ Toolbar, I hope I will help you with my instructions. French-speaking readers can also look for the information on the toolbar HERE.
Step 1. Uninstall Mixi.DJ
- Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program. If you use Windows XP, select Add or Remove Programs. Windows V8 users – leave a response below if you need help with accessing Control Panel.
- Double-click on Mixi.DJ to remove it.
Step 2. Remove Mixi.DJ from your browsers
- Open the browser and press Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Remove Mixi.DJ.
- Press Alt+H and go to Troubleshooting Information.
- Reset your Firefox.
- Open the browser and press Alt+F.
- Go to Tools – > Extensions.
- Remove Mixi.DJ.
- Click on Settings.
- In the On startup section, change the home page.
- In the Search section, set a new search engine.